Wednesday 20 July 2011

Growing Up.

The closer it got to the end of this summer term the more aware I was that it has been the last few weeks of Bean's pre-school freedom.

Till now there has been nothing really to stop us having a day at home and skipping playgroup if we feel like it.  Once he starts school he has to be there legally so no more day trips out if the mood takes us.

I'm going to miss our time together each morning and the sneaky trips to town for coffee the weekly Tots morning with more coffee and cake.  I shall miss Tot's itself so much.  It's been a fantastic group and I'm very grateful for my years there.  I've met some fantastic friends through the group and will be keeping in touch with lots of them.

I've missed both the other children when they started school but I think that I am very aware of the fact that this is the end of an era.  Come September I shall no longer have a pre-schooler at home but three school age kids.  There aren't going to be any more babies for me so this is it.  My family is growing up and while I am looking forward to the next stage in lots of ways I am going to miss this one.

No comments: