Saturday 14 March 2009

As ever it's been an age since I managed to post. First the boys had flu, really not fun, actually scary even at times. Neither of them had been that ill with cold stuff since they were tiny and had broncholitus.

Forunatly for DH and me both the boys were well enough on the Saturday for us to go on our long awaited night out. My wonderful friends Babylonglegs and Lottie arranged a night out for us, the tickets came in the post and were a wonderful suprise. Although I had a suspicion something was coming as Lottie had developed an odd interest in my post ;)

Lottie sat for the kids while DH and I joined Babylonglegs at Kirby Muxloe Golf Club (very posh) to watch the band her Hubby is in, Weird Fish. We had a fantastic time. DH agreed to let me drive so he could have a drink and he even danced! He never dances!

I cannot that you guys enough we had such a good night.

The other big Miffy Family news is that Bean has moved into a bed. Here he is fast asleep on his first night in his bed. First Night in Big Bed For the first time in over 5 years we have taken the cot down. The Miffy Family is growing up!

The week after was my turn to be ill so another week spent curled up on the sofa. Still it does mean that lots of knitting gets done so here are some pics and waffle about knitting stuff.

This month DH's Mum had her 60th birthday and we gave her a shawl that I knit with for Alpaca/Silk that I got from the Natural Dye Studio at Woolfest last year specially for this present. I have loads left so am wondering what else I can make with it but here is the finished item. Birthday Shawl Finished

Despite a tricky pooling moment which resulted in my tinking back 20 rows (now theres devotion for you) the Still Waters Socks are finished and, if I do say so myself, are beautiful.
Still Waters Finished 2
Still Waters Detail

Next up was a pair of baby socks. These were for a Spring KAL on Rav, I had just finished a grown up pair in this yarn but it was the most spring like that I had so I used the leftovers to do a quick baby pair. Any boy were they quick, I've never knit a pair so fast in my life :)
Crocus Baby Socks 2

And finally my current project "Twisted Olivia" using the Babylonglegs yarn that Lottie gave me for Christmas and the Cable Twist pattern. They look fab so far and are proving a very quick knit.
Twisted Olivia 1
DD is eyeing up the yarn so if theres enough left I may do her a pair when mine are done.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I love the colour of the Twisted Olivia and the pattern shows it off really well. You always make such NICE socks.