Saturday 9 May 2009

The Magic of Colour

Well as I didn't managed one last week I thought I should squeeze in a knitting catch up.

First up my first attempt at colour work. I am really very pleased with them and found them suprisingly easy to do. They are done in Babylonglegs yarn of course. The pattern comes from the Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn book which I got a while back. There are several other patterns I'm going to do from the book.
Spot Check Finished
Spot Check Detail 2

I've also done a quick pair of vanilla socks for DD. These were done in Regia Bamboo Colour
DD's Bamboo Socks Finished 1

There have been a couple of other things on the needles but as they are for presents I will not post pictures yet.

I'm trying to work through some of the stash I amounted next year so that I don't feel too guilty buying more at Rav Day and at Woolfest.

No comments: