Saturday 16 January 2010

Petrol Presents

Now both these items have been gifted I can share photos, not that I took many. Both were knit for a very good friend of mine who was so happy to get knitted presents that she wasn't bothered at all that both her Christmas present and her birthday present were late. You really can't grumble about that kind of friend. Plus it gave me a brilliant excuse to buy more yarn :)

First up is Eslica a hat by WoollyWormhead. I even did the cable bits without the cable needle thanks for the tutorial that WW wrote. I was very pleased with it and it looked fab of J when she wore it to tots on Thursday. It was knit with Babylonglegs DK Merino.
Elsica
Given that J's birthday follows Christmas by about two weeks I figured the perfect present would be a scarf to go with the hat. Back to Babylonglegs again and this time PetrolHead DK sock yarn, a new base for Sarah. Its gorgeous and softened beautifully as I knit it up. Given that yarn overs aren't my favourite thing the simple pattern kept my attention whilst still allowing me to watch TV, perfect!
J's Scarf 1
There has been plenty of other knitting going on but no photos yet. I was hoping to do some today but rain stops play so far, still at least apart from the remnants of Peter there isn't any snow/sludge/ice left so for once I'm not mad at it. Snow is very beautiful when it first arrives but it's no fun when it's been around for a week and is hard packed and slippy on the paths.

1 comment:

Nic said...

They are both ace!! I love that colour, I have been eyeing it up on Sarah's shop and it looks even better knitted up.
Are you going on holiday where you went last year then? Yep, we defintly need to meet up!
xx