Saturday 5 January 2008

Back to Usual

Well here I am first thing Saturday morning up with the kids watching kids TV and grabing a "semi" peaceful half hour on the PC.

I am back at work, the kids are back at school and the decorations have all come down and been packed away, oh and I have socks back on the needles! :)

I'm not a "New Year Resolution" kinda girl so I haven't made but I do have some aims for this year. I want to be tidier in the main which DH and I have started work on already. We are going to decluter the house room by room. We have far too much stuff and it just gets in the way so some of it has to go. We started on the front room yesterday as we took the decs down and it looks better already. There is along way to go though.

I have joined a sock KintALong where we aim to knit (and blog ) a pair of socks each month from Jan to June. Even I should manage this without too much problem. The first pair is well on the way I am already on the foot of the first sock so I am pleased with my progress. I am doing a short row heel pattern, these are my first short rows and I was totaly confused at first but I found some great how to instructions and pics on the web (sorry I can't find the link now) and all became clear to me.

I have done some more work on DS1's jumper so I only have to do another inch or so on the back before the decreases. It's a good job he's a slow grower he may yet get to wear this jumper ;)

I have other things planned for the needles this month too including an I-Cord Beanie for the Bean probably with 3 tails rather than just one. Lottie and I found some fab yarn for it when we went shopping last weekend. We had a lovely time wandering around time for a bit and then chilling out over lunch. I really, really needed the break by then having been cooped up at home all over Christmas. DH wasn't even annoyed that I brought yarn on my trip out.

On Wednesday I took the kids over to visit one of my best friends and we all had a lovely day. The kids played really well together and it was great to just sit and chat for a while.

Other brill things include the fact that I can go to Woolfest and my copy of Going Straight is on its way. Oh and DH ordered my my Harmony DPNs (sorry Lottie) and they are beautiful, I'm using my purple DPNs at the moment but my next pair of socks will be done on the Harmony's.

On a less brilliant note I ordered him Guitar Hero III from Play and between them and Royal Mail it has been lost and now we don't know when I will turn up! Grrrr

And I think that about brings me up to date for now. Hope you are all having a good start to the New Year and that it continues to be a brill year for you all.

1 comment:

BabyLongLegs said...

Grrrr....at Play! Fingers crossed that it turns up soon.....
I am really tempted by the harmony DPNs too.....I will resist though, 'cos I like my sock dpns to be short, and the harmony ones arn't. May buy some for my Mum for her birthday though :)
Yay at being able to go to Woolfest!!!!!
Woooooooohoooooooo... *happy dance*

Happy Sock knitting darling :)

Love
Sarah xXx