Saturday 12 January 2008

Big Changes Ahead

Well it has been a busy week for the Miffy family.

DH had an interview on Monday for an LSA position here and he got the job! YAY!!!! I am so proud of him (even if he did anoy me last night ;) ) it will be a brilliant role for him. He will be working will special needs children and so will get loads of training in that area which will be excellent not only for his future job prospects but also for his current applications. The position was advertised to run Jan to July so even the timing of it is perfect. DS1 is going to miss his dad though and is playing up a little now he knows that DH won't be at home all the time. Still we are working through it and hopefully once DH has started he will settle into the new routine fairly quickly.

Other big news is that Baby Bean has taken his first steps, and he is so proud of himself. Crawling is still much quicker right now, especially when you are trying to escape from tots, but he takes a few more each day so I think I will soon have to say goodbye to my baby and hello to my toddler! Unlike when the older two left babyhood behind this time I am quite content to leave the stage behind. It hasn't been particularly hard going in any way it's just that I think I am happy with my (our) decision not to have any more children.

This week has been properly back to the term time routine. Sing and Sign on Wed and Tots on Thursday. It was lovely to see everyone again and to have a good catch up over some strong coffee (at least when I made it) and cake :)

On the knitting front I have started and finished an I-cord Beanie for Bean (sorry no pics yet) and I am working on the last thumb of a pair of mittens for him. I am going to do a long i-cord so I can thread them through his coat. I know he won't wear them but at least that way I stand a chance of keeping them.

Then it will be back to my sock. I am taking part in SAM5 and am at the toe of my first January pair. I am hoping to be well underway with the second one before we go to Centre Parc so I can finish it there and start the Feb pair while we are there. I am going to attempt the Lightening Socks from the first issue of Yarn Forward.

And I think that is about it for this week. Only a week and a bit to go to Centre Parcs which I am really looking forward to. We have booked a head and back massage each for DH and I, DS1 has a fencing session booked and DD and I are going to have our hair braided. Plus we are going to splash about in the pool and chill out in general for a few days. Bliss.

No comments: