Monday 28 March 2011

Different Strings

image title

I thought that I ought to try and get blogging again.  I acctually miss doing it I just don't seem to get around to it.  Hopefully the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week will give me a kick start, so here we go.

A Tale Of Two Yarns

Since I started knitting I've used lots of different yarns though it seems I do have a bit of a thing for sock yarn.  It's hard to choose just two to write about. 

My first is not so much a single yarn but more the type.  Of course I am thinking of sock yarn or what some refer to as 4ply.  From commercially produced skiens of Opal and Regia to indie dyed skiens of of the most amazing colours the range available is incrediable.  And of course sock yarn is not just for socks there are patterns for scarves, shawls (my current obsession), hats, gloves, clothes, toys and more.

My second choice is a particular yarn Collinette Point 5.  I adore how this goes from thick to increadibly skinny.  I am using it at the moment to knit a blanket. The blanket is a long term project, but when it's done I will have the perfect heavy weight blanket for my bed.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wow that will be a gorgeous (yet expensive) project!

Miffy said...

I am very much looking forward to getting it done. Thankfully though it will use lots of skiens they aren't too expensive to buy one at a time and cos of the way it is coming together I don't have to worry about dye lots.