Tuesday 29 March 2011

From Here to There - 2KCBWDAY2

image title

Well here I am on day two looking back from here to where I was knitting wise a year ago.

I have to be honest and admit that I haven't learned much in the way of new skills in the last 12 months.  What I have done though is grow in confidence in my knitting. 

I've taken to knitting shawls this year and the lace in them no longer scares me.  I am competent in the use of stitch markers and life lines, many life lines.

I'm getting quicker too.  Things that a years ago would have taken a month now only take a couple of weeks which means that I am looking to knit bigger items.  Shawls are bigger than socks honest ;)

I'm more relaxed about my end product.  I have a better understanding of how to correct mistakes and how to adapt my knitting further on to take account of previous errors.  It's nice to know that if I find a mistake some inches back I can rescue my project without necessarily having to frog back.  And if I do have to frog back I can just go so far and then stop and pick the stitches back up whereas I would often have had to frog the whole project and start over.

One thing have have gotten worse at is taking photos of finished objects and works in progress.  I used to be quite good at that side of things but along with not blogging on a regular basis I've stopped taking pics too.  I'm hoping that along with blogging on a more regular basis I will also start taking pics more often too.

No comments: