Saturday 6 September 2008

Knitting Catch Up

It has occured to me that I haven't updated the knitting side of my blog for a while so I thought I would post some recent pics.
First up is my current sock project - Garter Rib Socks from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. I'm loving the book so there will be more socks from it to come.
Garter Rib Socks 1
This is my new found bit of fun - Hyperbolic Crochet. These were done with the increase on every third chain. They are really easy and you can see the shape forming very quickly. The original instructions I found gave me brain ache but then I found these on the My @Ventures blog and all became clear. This is my first effort
Hyperbolic Crochet (3 inc) 1
Hyperbolic Crochet (3 inc) 2
I'm on the second one already but I don't have a pic yet. I'm doing them in some left over Babylonglegs yarn.
The Crafts Council are bringing the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef to the Knitting and Stiching show at the NEC and are accepting contributions and being as I already I have my ticket to the show I thought I would do some crochet and take a few bits along.

Here are my September socks, finished on the 1st of the month so that the rest of my month was free for knitting Beans new soaker. The soaker is cast on and the ribbing is done for the waist but as Bean has decided that sleeping bags are no fun at all and refuses to sleep in his anymore he has been put in his longies already. Doesn't look like I'll be needing those shorts till next summer :( Still on the bright side I will need enough yarn (plus time and patience) to knit a pair of longies so I see a little shopping trip at Mamalonglegs in my future ;)
Woosh Socks

And lastly here is the shawl I have done for DH's Gran. I was planning it for her birthday in October but she is very ill at the moment so I am just hoping that she gets well enough to go back to the home for a bit and she can have the shawl then.
Grans Shawl 1

2 comments:

BabyLongLegs said...

Phew...thats a lot of knitting, Liv!!!
I love the crochet...its fab!

Big Hugs

Love
S xXx

Melisa Sriwulandari said...

Ooh...! I'm so happy to know that my tutorial actually helped someone.
Thank you for mentioning me in your post too!

Regards,
Melisa