Sunday 15 May 2011

Seven On Sunday

When I discovered the Knitting and Crochet Blog Week a while back I also found a blogging group on Ravelry which I have joined.  It's very interesting to read and I've found lots of other blogs to read through it.  I happily lurking earlier this week when I happened on an idea of Goodgonegirl (from Rav of course) who posts 7 Positive things each Friday.  I think this is a great idea (and I'm not the only one) particularly for me at the moment and I'm hoping it will help me to focus on the good stuff in my life and not just the hard parts.

Now I was all set to post this on Friday but then Blogger had some problems in the day and by the time it came back up I was in chilled mode and really not wanting to finish sorting this post out.  And then I had an idea.  Instead of a Positive Seven Friday I'm going to have a Sunday Seven.  Not every Sunday but hopefully most Sundays. 

So here are this weeks Positive Seven

1) Our mini Guerrilla Knitting group met on Monday evening.  Really it's just a few friends who get together for a drink and as we all knit we bring our knitting along for the trip.

2) We had a lovely walk home from school on Tuesday.  Bean held hands with me and at the same time with either Eldest or Middle.  We got lots of squeezes and hand kisses and even once had to stop for hugs too.

3) It's rained, mainly over the weekend and there was lots of it which is brilliant for the garden.  I've spent the last few days watching lots of new seedlings poke their tiny heads above ground.

4) I have finally done something to start sorting my head out.  It's been a very hard last few months and I've finally had to admit that I wasn't coping well and so I'm getting a bit of help.

5) I have new stash.  And at bargain prices too so I was able to get twice as much as I thought I'd be able to.  I went shopping at Stash in the Araucania Clearance Sale which I was directed to by Stitched-Together and another Ravely friend.  My parcel arrived very quickly and I am very pleased with it.  Just need to get knitting it now.

6) We treated the boys to the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game and they were so pleased to get it they were speechless.  This never happens normally and it was lovely to see their excited faces when they realised what they'd been given.

7) Eldest and I went to town Saturday morning to have a wander round the shops and of course we went for coffee and cake in Costa.  I love being able to do that with her just a bit of Mama/Daughter time gives us a chance to chat and relax without the chaos of home and household jobs getting in the way.

No comments: