Friday 27 May 2011

Year of Projects Plans





There is a group on Ravelry who have begun a Blogging project called "A Year Of Projects".  It's kind of a spin off from the Blog Hub group and now of course has it's own Rav Group - Come Blog-a-long go have a look see.

I really liked the idea of having some more structure to my knitting plans and this project is the perfect way to acheive that and to be able to have lots of fun in the process.

We officially start linked regular blogging on the 1st July so I really need to have sorted my list before then.  The idea is to challenge ourselves on a personal level, some people are working through a book of patterns, other through their Rav queue (mine is too scary to do that) and other are just creating a list of patterns.

I've been mulling over some ideas and have decided that I really need to get some of these ideas written down before they are squashed out of my overcrowded brain by all the other stuff I need to remember to do.  Some of my knitting is going to be for me but some will be presents for folk for birthdays and Yule etc.

There will of course need to be socks.  There can never be enough socks.  Bean needs a bedtime pair so I think I'll put them down.  I don't really need new socks but then again you can never really have enough so I think a plain pair and a patterned pair for me will be good.

I'm going to hold off on my vest top and put that on the list.  Good motivation to get it sorted I hope.

Middle looks at my hotwater bottle with undisguised longing and I've found him cuddling it (cold) on a few occasions when he's kipped in my bed so I think I may get him one for Christmas and knit it a cover.  And of course whatever Middle has Bean wants so that will necessitate my knitting one for him.  I'm hoping (I haven't looked yet) to be able to find a pattern that requires fairly chunky yarn so these can be quite quick knits.

I'm planning another Hitchhiker scarf which will be for my sister for Christmas.  Again this is a nice simple pattern so good for knitting groups.

And I think a more detailed (read "lace") scarf for me is in the offing.

I got some pure wool a while back which will be fab for felting so I may make another Infinity Bag with that which I will probably give to my Mum as part of her Christmas Box.

I want a fair bit of what I knit to be from stash as I could do with working through some of what I already have but there is a years knitting here to go at so I think some new yarn may find it's way into the house somehow.

No comments: